All the below policies apply to Tower Semiconductor Ltd. and its subsidiaries, with respect to all businesses, countries, and regions (collectively the “Company” or “TS Group”).
Tower Semiconductor has identified key focus areas for improving environmental sustainability:
- Environmental Permits and Reporting — All required environmental permits and registrations are obtained, maintained and kept current, including compliance with their operational and reporting requirements.
- Pollution Prevention and Resource Reduction— Waste of all types, including water and energy, are reduced or eliminated at the source or by modifying production, maintenance and facility processes, materials’ substitution, conservation, or recycling and re-using materials.
- Hazardous Substances— Chemical and other materials that may adversely impact the environment if released, are identified and managed to ensure their safe handling, movement, storage, and disposal or recycling and reuse.
- Wastewater and Solid Waste— Wastewater and solid waste generated from operations, industrial processes and sanitation facilities are monitored, controlled and treated, as required.
- Air Emissions— Air emissions of volatile organic chemicals, aerosols, corrosives, particulates, and ozone depleting chemicals, as well as combustion by products generated from operations, are characterized, monitored, controlled and treated, as required.
- Product Content Restrictions — Tower complies with the comprehensive substances’ applicable regulations, specifically, California Prop 65, EU REACH, EU RoHS and Montreal Protocol, as well as with applicable industry standards. Tower’s final products are annually audited by the external firm SGS Taiwan (www.sgs.tw), to ensure compliance with the abovementioned regulations. External audit SGS Reports are available on Tower’s website (www.towersemi.com/manufacturing/quality).