CMOS Image Sensor
Advanced Imaging and Sensing Technologies for Next-Generation Automotive Systems
Tower Semiconductor addresses current and next-generation automotive system needs by offering an advanced image sensor platform that includes:
- Visible light CMOS image sensors with low dark current and rolling or global shutter pixels that enable imaging with high dynamic range, high frame rate and high-resolution cameras.
- Near-infrared enhanced sensors for low light conditions that allow detection at near darkness.
- Active gated pixel and Single Photon Avalanche Photodiode (SPAD) technologies to enable time of flight (ToF) sensing in ultra-low light conditions for LiDAR or similar imaging. By using the ToF information of the photons reflected from the targets, the imaging system can build a 3D image of the surrounding area through sophisticated signal processing algorithms.
Tower Semiconductor’s best-in-class pixel technology is tailored for each specific sensor application with decades’ long experience in CIS design and manufacturing.
Tower Semiconductor pixel technology offers:
- Very high dynamic range
- Low noise and extremely small global shutter pixels
- Extremely low dark current and low hot pixel count
- Near-infrared sensitivity
- SPADs for LiDAR applications
- Low x-talk in visible / NIR
Standard high resolution sensor
Gated sensor for high dynamic range
Best-in-class 3T-, 4T-, 5T- and 6T- pixel technology
Time-of-flight technology offering based on gated CIS and SPAD for high-sensitivity cameras and LiDAR sensing (3D mapping)
Backside illumination (BSI) for high-end automotive cameras
Robust standardized and customizable technologies for NIR and thermal imaging
Proven design-partner network for turn-key solutions